Layoff Support for Employers
If you are an employer considering a layoff, or currently in the process of laying off employees, we want to help. The Rapid Response (RR) Team in Jackson and Josephine counties have resources to possibly avert a layoff and for workers who have been laid off.
Averting a layoff.
Before making the decision to layoff or furlough employees, please consider the following as possible options and guidance:
- The Oregon Work Share program
- Contacting Business Oregon (click Business Oregon Contact Us)
- Contacting the SBDC (click SBDC Contact Us)
- Contacting SOREDI (click SOREDI Contact Us)
- Rogue Business offers resources for business development, cashflow/funding, layoffs, hiring/training/certifications, regulation/compliance, market research and business development
When Laying Off Employees.
WARN Notice: Generally, when a layoff happens, the employer must file a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN), the RR team can provide information on the WARN process.
Rapid Response (RR) Meeting: The RR team can also provide Information Sessions to help laid-off workers navigate:
- Unemployment Insurance
- Healthcare insurance options
- Possible temporary financial support
- Reemployment services (help with resumes, interviewing, career development, and connecting with local employers who are hiring)
- Training/Education opportunities (short-term vocational and GED)
- Trade Act
- Collaboration with union representatives for union-affected workers
To request assistance and more information, scroll down to “Request more Rapid Response Information“.