Layoff Support for Employers
If you are an employer considering a layoff, or currently in the process of laying off employees, we want to help. The Rapid Response (RR) Team in Jackson and Josephine counties have resources to possibly avert a layoff and for workers who have been laid off.
Averting a layoff.
Before making the decision to layoff or furlough employees, please consider the following as possible options and guidance:
- The Oregon Work Share program
- Contacting Business Oregon (click HERE for their “Contact Us” link)
- Contacting the SBDC (click HERE for their “Contact Us” link)
- Contacting SOREDI (click HERE for their “Contact Us” link)
When Laying Off Employees.
When a layoff happens, the employer must file a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN), the RR team can provide information on the WARN process.
The RR team can also provide Information Sessions to help laid off workers navigate:
- Unemployment Insurance
- Health care options
- Trade Act
- Regional Business Services
- WorkSource Rogue Valley (WSRV) services (help with resumes, interviewing and more)
- Training opportunities (WSRV and RCC)
- Collaboration with union representatives for union-affected workers
Programs and services can also include exploring options and finding opportunities to help find employment or connecting with job training and education options.
To request assistance and more information, scroll down to “Request more Rapid Response Information“.